This article is one of a series covering COTS – Commercials off the Shelf Lifecycle model methodology, also know as package software. I first started working on COTS software products and their integration with other systems back in the 90’s when working for a large systems integrator. Since then I have implemented numerous COTS Commercial off the Shelf packages in sectors such as central government, local government, law, housing and higher education. In 2008 I started putting together an outline COTS methodology. I continued with this to distilled the key elements of COTS selection, procurement and implementation. In essence, what I have created is a ‘Best Practice COTS – Commercial off the Shelf Lifecycle methodology’. Whether anyone has the right to claim best practice is of course debatable. All I know is that my formula or methodology has stood me in good stead and is something I find extremely useful and beneficial to my clients. I wanted to share my experience with others who are about to embark on the process of COTS identification, selection, procurement and implementation. So, here it is. Please feel free to add comments and link to this article via twitter, linkedin etc. or directly from your blog.
- File Upload June 13, 2018
- Some thoughts on Setting up a PMO November 10, 2015
- The Case for Project Portfolio Management February 6, 2015
- COTS – Commercial off the Shelf Lifecycle Model December 17, 2014
- Building Project Management Capability & Maturity November 16, 2014
- What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) November 13, 2014